Winter is just around the corner while the viruses have already started and what do we all want on a day like this? Of course a warm soup! And I’m not talking about any soup, not even a classic chicken soup but I’m talking about a delicious special vegetable chicken soup! Special because your little ones will love it (I guarantee you will love it as a family), special because it has vegetables, special because it smells like winter but also special because it has the most delicious and Special Mama Irene fresh vegetable pasta. Mama Irene. Let me tell you more details and I will give you the recipe …
The whole recipe, the photo and the text are by the beloved Eleni LittlehandsBLW and you will find it at the following link https://www.littlehandsblw.com/2021/11/kotosoupa-special/
- 1 kg of chicken in pieces
- 2 cupsof special fresh vegetable pasta by Mama Irene
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large potato, diced
- ¼ cauliflower, diced
- ¾ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- ⅓ tsp. curry (optional)
- salt (for kids older than 1)
How to cook:
- Put the chicken in the pressure cooker (or the pot), cover it with water, and allow it to start boiling.
- When it has started boiling, close the cooker.
- When the valve has pushed up, lower the heat and boil for 20 minutes.
- 20 minutes later, turn off the heat and remove the cooker.
- When the valve has lowered, open the cooker, and strain the chicken. Keep the broth and the chicken in different containers.
- In the cooker or a big pot, put olive oil (or water for little kids) over medium heat.
- When the olive oil is hot, add the chopped onion and cook until it is soft and browned.
- Continue with the rest of the vegetables and the curry, add salt and paper, and sauté for 3–4 minutes, mixing with a wooden spoon.
- Add 4 large cups of the chicken broth you made, turn up the heat, and close the cooker.
- When the valve comes up, lower the heat and boil for 5 minutes.
- After the 5 minutes, remove from the heat and let the valve lower.
- Open the cooker and return it to the heat, at high heat.
- Add the special fresh vegetable pasta from Mama Irene and boil for 4 minutes.
- 4 minutes later, remove from the heat and let the pasta get cooked (and grow larger) for 4–5 minutes.
- Cut the chicken in pieces.
- Serve hot with the chicken and freshly ground pepper.